It is our mission to treat all customers with respect and to answer their questions in a courteous and professional manner. Collect all taxes without partiality, invest all funds prudently and remit monies in a timely manner.
The county treasurer holds a key position of public trust in the financial affairs of local government. The treasurer is the custodian of all funds for the county and governmental subdivisions. The treasurer’s office operates much like a bank. The treasurer is primarily responsible for:
- Collecting real and personal property taxes (including foreclosure and personal property distraint activities on delinquent accounts) special assessments, excise tax, and miscellaneous receipts from other county district and departments.
- Accounting for all funds and deposits of revenues for state, county, cities, and junior taxing districts (schools, port, cemetery, fire, hospital and Skamania County Public Utility District).
- Determining if adequate cash is in funds and authorizing the release of warrants for payment to vendors.
- Managing the cash flow of the county and investing funds not needed for immediate expenditures for the county and junior taxing districts.
- Administering short and long term debt financing, and accounting for and paying all the bonded indebtedness for the county and its governmental subdivisions.