2020 BURN BAN IN EFFECT 7/1/20
WA State DOH: COVID-19 Statistics
County Offices and Community Updates

Skamania County COVID-19 cases as of 7/6/2020:
Confirmed cases: 18
Deaths: 0


Food Worker Training

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Skamania County Community Health offers the option of online training and testing for a food worker cards.

Log-on and register. Watch, learn, and take the test. Pay online with your debit or credit card.

Print your Washington State Food Worker Card at home after you pass.

  • Getting a food worker card online takes about 60 minutes.
  • The online class is available in a variety of languages: English, Spanish, Korean Vietnamese, Cambodian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, and closed caption.
  • For those who do not have internet access, Skamania County Community Health has a computer kiosk available Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. No appointment necessary.
  • The cost of the online training, exam, and card is $10.00.

Be wary of unauthorized online food worker training programs. The only site approved for online food worker testing in the State of Washington is:

Exam results from other food worker testing sites will not be accepted.

Who needs a Food Worker Card?
If you work in a food service establishment, you are required to have a valid food worker card. This includes cashiers, bussers, baggers, stockers, dishwashers, as well as volunteers who work in food banks, service groups, or school concessions. Temporary food booths are required to have at least one person in charge with a card at all times during operation.

Where are the cards good?
All Washington State Food Worker Cards are good anywhere in Washington State.

How Soon is a Card Needed?
All food service workers must obtain a good worker card within 14 calendar days from the beginning of employment at a food service establishment.

How long are the cards good for?
New Food Worker Cards: Good for 2 years Expired Card Renewal: Good for 2 years Current Card Renewal: Good for 3 years (proof of current card required).

Visit or call (509)427-3850 for more information.