The Planning Commission consists of seven County residents. Each member is an unpaid volunteer. The membership consists of two County residents from each of the three County Commissioner Districts and one at-large member (from anywhere within the County). The Board of County Commissioner appoints each member for a four-year term. The Planning Commission does not have any regulatory control over the Planning Department staff or administration. The Planning Commission does not have any authority or role in the permit (quasi judicial) process.
During the legislative process, the Planning Commission will conduct public hearings on ordinance amendments and comprehensive plans. The Planning Commission members will review and deliberate on the written and verbal testimony received during the public hearings and the planning staff report, and then make a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners regarding the ordinance amendment and/or comprehensive plan in question. The Board of County Commissioners determines the final action of the legislative ordinance or comprehensive plan amendment.
Planning Commission Meetings
Regular Planning Commission Meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month, as needed, at the Skamania County Courthouse Annex building lower meeting room at 170 NW Vancouver Avenue, in Stevenson, Washington. The meetings begin at 6:15 pm.
The Planning Commission Meeting calendar can be found here. Planning Commission Meeting agendas and other information are generally posted the week prior to the meeting.
- District 1 - Ken Bajema
- District 1 - Cyndi Soliz (Vice Chair)
- District 2 - Mathew Joy (Chair)
- District 2 - John Prescott
- District 3 - Tony Coates
- District 3 - Adam King
- At-Large - Sue Davis
- (2) District 1 - This District includes, approximately, the area west of Beacon Rock including the populated areas of Swift Reservoir. (Skamania, Prindle, Cape Horn, Mt. Pleasant, Bear Prairie, Skye, Upper Washougal, Marble Mountain, Swift Forest Cabins and Northwoods)
- (2) District 2 - The District includes, generally, the area east of Beacon Rock to Wind River Highway. (North Bonneville, Stevenson, and West Carson)
- (2) District 3 - The District includes, generally, the area north of the High Bridge and east of the Wind River Highway in Carson. (Stabler, East Carson, Home Valley, Cook, Willard, Mill-A and Underwood)
- (1) At-Large - The At-Large representative may reside anywhere in Skamania County and represents all communities and residents in the County.
- Commissioner District Map
Planning Commission Bylaws
c/o Community Development Department
P.O. Box 1009
Stevenson, WA 98648