The Auto Licensing Department issues titles, registrations, and licenses for automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, and other motor vehicles. Many transactions can now be completed online, eliminating the need to travel to our office. See below for online options. Our office does not issue driver's licenses. If you need information on a driver's license, please go to the State of Washington Driver's Licensing website.
Skip-a-trip to the office by completing your transaction online:
- Renew your vehicle tabs
- Renew your boat/vessel registration
- Change your address
- Report the sale of a vehicle
- Calculate your vehicle tab fees
- Get renewal reminders emailed to you
Have you purchased a new vehicle? Find out how to transfer title and license it below:
- When buying from a Washington dealer
- When buying from an out-of-state dealer
- When buying from a private-party
- Will I pay taxes? Find out here
Are you a new resident to the State of Washington? Learn how to license your vehicle. Looking for information on boating, including laws, registration, and the new mandatory Boater Education Card? Go to www.boat.wa.gov for help.