Gorgephoto5The courthouse facilitator helps facilitate to empower Pro Se individuals with necessary instructions, forms, and efforts necessary to participate in the Family Court. The program was established to provide assistance to citizens who choose to or who cannot afford an attorney to represent them in matters dealing with divorce (dissolution), custody, child support, paternity or non- parental (third party/grandparent) custody matters. Because of a reduction in free legal service programs, more than half of the cases filed have a pro se (self-represented) litigant involved. The Family Court Facilitator is a non-attorney who provides information to individuals who represent themselves in Superior Court in family law/domestic relations matters.

  • Family Law / Domestic Relations Matters include:
    • Dissolution/Legal Separation/Invalidity of a Marriage
    • Modification of Custody/Parenting Plan
    • Modification of Child Support Order
    • Establishment of Parentage (Paternity)
    • Non-parental (Third Party) Custody
    • Contempt of Court Orders
    • Ex Parte Orders

Information the Family Law Court House Facilitator may provide:

What Can Be Provided

  • What mandatory forms are available and how to acquire them.
  • Which forms to complete to begin and to finalize a legal action.
  • Review of completed forms for procedural correctness (necessary blanks filled in and signed where required).
  • Explain local procedures for setting motions and other hearings on the court calendars.
  • Informational brochures and instruction sheets relating to domestic relation matters.
  • Information regarding referrals to mediation, legal, social service and governmental agencies.

*To find forms and instructions for many civil case types on the Washington Courts website,  click here.

Family Court Facilitator User Fee

  • The Family Court Facilitator User Fee is a fee of $25 that must be paid to the Clerk's Office prior to your visit with the Family Court Facilitator.
  • The Clerk's Office accepts cash, cashier's checks or money orders only. Be sure to keep your receipt for verification - it must be presented in order to set your appointment session time. The user fee (of $25 or $10 if reduced) must be paid in the Clerk's Office before you may schedule an appointment or sign-up for the walk-in sheet.
  • You must provide proof of state assistance in order to reduce the user fee to $10.
  • You must save your receipt from the Clerk's Office and present to the Court Facilitator in order to schedule an appointment or sign-in for the walk-in sheet.

The Family Court Facilitator is available for in-person assistance only, no telephone calls or emails. The Family Court Facilitator may only assist you with cases filed in Skamania County only.

  • There will be no refunds of the Family Court Facilitator user fee.If you are working on a Residential Schedule Action and want the Facilitator to review your documents, you must have proof of paternity in the court file or with you to sign in. That would include the original copy of Paternity Affidavit or birth certificate or certified copy of the same.

Facilitator Review

* Scheduled Appointments: Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes each. Appointment times vary depending on the court schedules each week so you will need to call in advance to see what the schedule is for that week. We require 24 hour advance notice in order to cancel or reschedule an appointment.

Please call 509-427-3765 to make an appointment or if in person ask at the Superior Court Clerk window for assistance.

Contact Us



 Office Hours:
8:30AM - 12:30PM &  1:30PM -  5:00PM

Monday through Friday

(Closed on all Federally
recognized Holidays)

Office Location:
240 NW Vancouver Ave Stevenson, WA 98648

Mailing Address:
PO Box 790 Stevenson, WA 98648

(509) 427-3765


Superior Court is a court of record. Most Superior Court proceedings are electronically recorded. To purchase a copy of the record, complete the request form  here  and send it with payment to the Superior Court Administrator. When requesting a copy, you will need to provide the hearing date, the names of the parties and the case number.

The following transcriptionists have been approved by the Court to prepare verbatim reports of proceedings (appellate transcripts) pursuant to GR35 and RAP 9.2.

Evelyn M. Pierce
5404 NE 121st Avenue #69
Vancouver, WA 98682-6263
(360) 944-0449

(Video recordings on CD as well as cassette tapes of all sizes may be sent to Evelyn Pierce for transcription. Ms. Pierce does not transcribe from Videotape.)

Tammy Wooldridge
Columbus Transcribing Service
2521 Columbus Avenue
Port Angeles, WA  98362
(360) 460-2270