FOOD SAFETY PROGRAM
The Food Safety program helps to prevent foodborne illness in Skamania County through the following activities:
- Inspecting, conducting plan reviews and issuing permits to retail food service establishments.
- Restaurant & Food Facility Inspections
- Testing/training food workers and issuing Food Worker cards.
- Issuing temporary food service permits and inspecting food booths at fairs, festivals, and community events.
- Investigating foodborne illness reports.
- Providing community education on safe preparation of food.
- See Foodsafety.gov for information on safely storing and preparing food at home, food recalls, food poisoning and more.
- June 29, 2011 Summer Food Safety News Release
- NEW! The Washington State Department of Health is making changes to the Retail Food Code, effective May 2013. See the brochure of major changes here.
FOOD WORKER INFORMATION
Learn how to get your food workers card by clicking here.
Contact Community Health at (509) 427-3881 to report a foodborne illness. Contact Environmental Health (509) 427-3900 to report unsafe food handling practices by food workers and/or unsanitary conditions at a food establishment. All complaints are investigated in a timely manner and kept confidential. If you have additional questions please contact the Environmental Health Division at (509) 427-3900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.